The first is a pic with her godfather, Rodney. Last Sunday was her first time to meet him. We are so excited that he is playing such an important role in Lily's life. Emily is her Godmother and I am sorry I missed the chance to take her picture with Lily but they did meet last Wednesday. The next two photos we took after watching the video "the happiest baby on the block" and it was so helpful. Even a pediatric nurse can learn new tricks. She goes from screaming to being bundled, shushed, swaying in the hand and next thing, we know...she is fast asleep. Daddy is fast becoming an expert at Dr. Karp's teachings. BTW, I would recommend this video to everyone with a new baby. It does wonders. The last is a pic I took today. I cannot believe that she is already almost a pound over her birth weight! I know I am prejudiced but....isn't she just so pretty?
- Kerry and Kelly
- Metairie, LA, United States
- Kerry is a network administrator, new dad, and creator of the blog. I (Kelly) am a pediatric nurse and new mom. We have been married for three years and live in New Orleans, LA--the greatest city in the world. Actually we just moved to Metairie, but still think NO is the greatest city in the world. Mostly, this blog is about our new daughter, Lillian Grace Godbold or as we call her, Lily. She is our angel.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Lily after her first bath...which she hated. She was very quick to calm down once she was bundeled up.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
This is the most touching moment for me (Kerry) during the last week. Lily had just arrived in the nursery after the birth and was crying, as babies usually do. I then touched her head and feet for the first time to comfort her and she immediately stopped crying. God touched my heart and let me know at that moment that I was a daddy.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Friday, July 11, 2008
We are so excited!!! We have a new baby girl. Lillian Grace Godbold was born on Wednesday, July 9th, 2008 at 9:08 am. She is soooo beautiful (she favors her mom). Kelly and Lily are doing well. Lily is a little jaundiced and has lost a bit of weight, but both are very treatable and our physician still expects that we will go home tomorrow. Kelly is sore from the c-section, but doing so well. She has been dilligent in facilitating a smooth recovery by eating well and getting up and moving periodically even though it is sometimes uncomfortable. Here is a picture of Kelly's mom and dad with her before delivery. Mom was so great. She was a great coach during labor. Kelly attempted to deliver the old-fashioned way. Poor Kelly pushed for two hours but the baby did not move far enough down for delivery. The decision was then made to move ahead with a c-section, which went quickly. Our thanks to Drs. Kruger , Hamilton and their teams for doing such a wonderful job ante and post partum.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Well, today is my 30th birthday. So much for having a baby in my 20's. Little Godbold just doesn't want to come out. Here are some pics that we have taken recently, though. The first is Kerry and Buck, napping together. I thought they looked cute. The second is a t-shirt that Kerry got me for Christmas. It says "If I'm relateed to these people, I'm not coming out". I think it is funny now, especially since the baby is late...maybe he jinxed us. The last is the beautiful flowers and cake that my sweet husband got me for my birthday. Maybe the sugar rush will hurry baby along.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Well, today is the due date, but so far no changes. I went to the doctor yesterday and am only dilated 1cm with baby still up high. I guess he/she is really comfortable up in there. There is a plan, though. If baby does not come on his or her own by Wed. night (July 9th), I will be admitted to Ochsner at 8pm and they will induce me on Thurs. morning. Keep me in your prayers. Hopefully baby will come sooner.
- December (12)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (2)
- August (4)
- July (7)
- June (5)
- May (14)
- April (8)
- March (5)
- February (5)
- January (5)
- December (8)
- November (10)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (8)
- Lily with her godfather and " the Happiest Baby on...
- Some photos from last week
- Latest pics of our little angel
- Touching moment for Kerry
- Her first dress she wore when we left the hospital...
- Gigi getting some lovin'. We can't thank Kelly's m...
- Cousins Reno and Sarah get to see Lily in a bili l...
- Mom and Lily nap together. So beautiful. :)
- Our baby has arrived!!!!
- Aunt Joelle, Grand-mare, Lily and Uncle Jim enjoyi...
- Grand-mare (french for Grandmother) and Lily. Ker...
- Poor Aunt Stefani didn't get to hold a happy baby ...
- Cousin Sarah, Lily, Aunt Tiffany and a new cousin....
- Daddy and Lily enjoy a moment together
- Mommy and Lily together at last
- It's my birthday...but where is baby?
- No baby yet...
- June (3)
- May (3)
- March (2)